Yesterday we spoke about the reputation that Kreiser Construction has. Today I want to simply communicate one professional organizations that Kreiser Construction is affiliated with. I could start by listing Builders Associations but I want to highlight one important relationship that Patrick Kreiser has. It's a relationship that I personally think sets him apart from other builders. It's a relationship that I feel Patrick works hard at.
I just finished reading an article by Scott Stroud called, "Why Now Might Still be the Best Time Ever to Build a New Home". To be honest, I wondered if it was worth my time to read it. I've heard others push this thought before including the National Association of Home Builders. It's been tough for everyone from the builder, to the staff, to the realtors involved, to the advertising agents and the list goes on. We're looking for hope--for signs that things are going to get better and so I pretty much though that this article was another TYPICAL article attempting to ease the distress in the industry. I did in fact read the article by Stroud and I didn't find it a waste of time. Here is why I decided to read Stroud's thoughts in its entirety? Two reasons:
- Stroud has worked in the New Home Construction business for 35+ years.
- Stroud He grew a profitable new home sales company during the housing-bust of the early 1980’s
The man's credible and knows his stuff. Here is a summary of his main thoughts--kind of a Top 5 List with a BONUS thrown in.
- Housing is cyclical.
- Interest rates are at historic lows.
- Materials costs are rising, and will continue to do so.
- Builders, Contractors and Tradesmen are available…for now.
- Land is available…while it lasts.
- Housing demand will soon outstrip existing inventory, and is on the rise.
Mr. Stroud has some great supporting evidence to each one of those points. I encourage you to read the full article posted by Brian Flook here: http://www.brianflookblog.com/?p=185&cpage=1#comment-386