There is just something about a well manicured lawn. · I really don't know what it is.· I never understood why my dad took such great pride in our lawn when growing up in Southern Ontario until, you guessed it, I became a home owner myself.
There is just something about a well manicured lawn. I really don't know what it is. I never understood why my dad took such great pride in our lawn when growing up in Southern Ontario until, you guessed it, I became a home owner myself. I kind of think of the front lawn of our home as a man's garden. My wife can attractively design and manage the flower beds and I only have to look after ensuring there is only one color on my lawn and that is green. We're a good a team together and we have 20 years of experience working at "Yard Management." I'm not really sure there is such a term as "Yard Management" but I figure if you put "Garden Management" and "Lawn (Grass) Management" together you get Yard Management.
I must admit it, I'm not professionally trained in lawn care but here are 6 lessons I've learned that can help you on the way to having the best looking lawn in Lebanon County, PA.
6 Lessons on Grass Management
- Green (Normally) = Good. Obviously, green weeds can be a problem but by simply taking 10 minutes a day and hand pulling your weeds, it will make an incredible difference.
- Yellow = Bad. When you see those dandelion heads jump up, pounce on them like a cat on a mission.
- Your neighbors dandelion factory will only leave you frustrated. This is an opportunity to practise your negotiating skills.
- You can determine your progress and how well you are doing on Grass Management because your neighbors will complement you on your great skill.
- Cut your lawn before it gets too long. I learned this after complementing a friend on what a great lawn he had. He simply let me know that this helps keep the weeds at bay and at the same time leaving the cuttings on the lawn, you help naturally fertilize with the clippings.
- Fertilize on a regular schedule and use good fertilizer. I have tried many fertilizers in my 20 years but I keep coming back to Scott's Turf Builder Fertilizer and that's not because my favorite Nascar Driver, Carl Edwards, is sponsored by them.
What Grass Management Tips have you learned along the way?
Added May 24th - Today I realized I forgot to add overseeding my lawn. Once again, I'm a strong believer in the Scotts Products.